The BMW GS models celebrate their 40th birthday in 2020 and just in time for the anniversary, BMW Motorrad presents the new R 1250 GS and R 1250 GS Adventure. Even more sophisticated, innovative and even more fascinating – thanks to numerous innovations and an extended range of optional equipment and original BMW Motorcycle accessories. Even more than before, they are the perfect companions to discover even the most remote corners of our planet by motorcycle.
As before, the legendary two-cylinder boxer engine ensures sovereign and cultivated propulsion. It still has a displacement of 1 254 cm3 and also produces 100 kW (136 hp) in the current EU5 approval. Thanks to BMW ShiftCam technology for the variation of the valve control times and the valve stroke on the inlet side, it offers superior force over the entire speed range, high smoothness and running culture as well as excellent consumption and emission values.
Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) and new "Eco" driving mode as standard. Driving modes Pro with driving mode preselection and motor tow torque control (MSR) as optional equipment.
Dynamic traction control DTC (Dynamic Traction Control) ensures high driving safety through the best possible traction. With the new standard driving mode "Eco", the driver is encouraged to drive as low as possible.
The new R 1250 GS and R 1250 GS Adventure can be equipped with the extended Option Fahrmode Pro as optional ex-factory equipment. With the new driving mode preselection, the driver can place an individual selection of driving modes on the driving mode button. Another new component of driving modes Pro is the motor towing torque control (MSR). With it, unstable driving conditions, which can occur during thrust operation or when shutting down, can be safely avoided by too high a brake slip on the rear wheel.
New BMW Integral ABS Pro as standard.
The most popular travel enduros in the world are the R 1250 GS and R 1250 GS Adventure in their latest edition with the standard BMW Integral ABS Pro. This is a braking system that offers even more safety when braking, even in an inclined position, and thinks even further ahead, so to speak. With the further expansion of the driving mode concept, further new functions will be added. For example, the extended adaptation of the ABS control characteristic to the respective driving mode.
Hill Start Control Pro (HSC Pro) with extended function as optional equipment ex works.
The Hill Start Control start-up assistant is standard on both models and allows comfortable stopping and starting on the mountain. Hill Start Control Pro (HSC Pro) goes beyond the Hill Start Control comfort system and significantly increases start-up comfort in all conditions.
New full LED headlight with adaptive cornering light, new lighting functions, cruising light and function-integrated flashing lights as optional equipment ex works.
Even the standard full LED headlight illuminates the roadway with an unmatched bright, clear light. A newly developed headlamp with swivel function goes one step further. With the special equipment "Adaptive Curve Light" the dipped-beam light of the standard full LED headlight is turned into the curve depending on the inclination. In this way, curves are almost fully illuminated, because the light is where the motorcycle is moving.
With new lighting functions, the rim with the R 1250 GS and R 1250 GS Adventure will make the experience even more intense and practical at the same time. In the future, the welcome light ("Welcome" function), the "Good bye" function and the "Follow me home" function will be available as optional equipment. With the special equipment Cruising Light, the two front flashing lights are operated in such a way that they glow permanently dimmed at the same time. In the case of the multifunctional flashing lights at the rear, the standard rear LED flashing lights are replaced by LED flashing lights (depending on the market), which can simultaneously emit yellow flashing lights and red brake or rear lights.
On-board voltage and USB socket as standard. Seat heating for driver and passenger for sharpened travel and touring suitability as well as handlebar increase by 30 mm as optional equipment ex works.
The new BMW R 1250 GS and R 1250 GS Adventure now offer two different sockets as standard. A 12-volt on-board voltage socket and a USB-A socket with 5 volt power supply. A seat heating system for drivers and passenger as optional equipment ex works also offers a significant increase in comfort at low outside temperatures. A new operating concept enables particularly comfortable handling. With the optionally available handlebar lift, the handlebar height can now be adjusted in addition to the different driver seats and footrests available as optional equipment or original BMW Motorrad accessories.
The new R 1250 GS and R 1250 GS Adventure: travel, off-road and adventure expertise in an attractive base colour as well as the two style variants Style Triple Black and Style Rallye. Anniversary edition "40 Years GS".
In the respective basic version, the new BMW R 1250 GS and R 1250 GS Adventure signal their sharpened character and their universal talents in the colour Lightwhite uni and Icegrey uni respectively. With the style variants Style Triple Black and Style Rallye available as optional equipment, two particularly expressive colour concepts are also available. The two new GS models celebrate the 40th anniversary of the BMW GS models with the "40 Years GS" by quoting a milestone in GS history in black and yellow colouring: the legendary R 100 GS.
Highlights of the new BMW R 1250 GS and R 1250 GS Adventure:
• Original boxer engine with BMW ShiftCam technology for changing the valve control times and the valve stroke on the inlet side.
• Powerful start over the entire speed range, exemplary fuel consumption and emission values as well as smooth running and running culture.
• Power and torque: 100 kW (136 hp) at 7 750 min-1 and 143 Nm at 6 250 min-1.
• Knock sensor technology for optimized travel suitability.
• New BMW Integral ABS Pro as standard.• Three driving modes as standard.
• New driving mode "Eco" for particularly economical driving as standard.
• Driving modes Pro with additional driving modes and new driving mode preselection as well as engine towing torque control (MSR) as optional equipment ex works.
• Dynamic traction control (DTC) as standard.
• Dynamic ESA "Next Generation" electronic chassis with fully automatic load compensation.
• Hill Start Control Pro (HSC Pro) with extended function as optional equipment ex works.
• New full LED headlight with adaptive cornering light as optional equipment ex works.
• New lighting functions, cruising light and function-integrated flashing lights as optional equipment ex works.
• On-board voltage and USB socket as standard.
• Seat heating for driver and passenger for sharpened travel and touring suitability as optional equipment ex works.
• Handlebar increase by 30 mm as optional equipment ex works.
• In addition to the standard adjustable seat height, a wide range of seat height variants ex works.
• Connectivity: Multifunctional instrument combination with 6.5 inch full-color TFT display and numerous features as standard on R 1250 GS.
• Intelligent emergency call as optional equipment ex works.
• The two style variants Style Triple Black and Style Rallye are each an attractive base colour as well as optional equipment ex works.
• Anniversary edition "40 Years GS".
• Extended range of optional equipment and original BMW Motorcycle accessories.